RxSugar® is The World’s Best Tasting, USDA Organic, Plant-based Certified, Non- GMO Project Verified, Keto Certified Syrup. RxSugar® is Syrup Reimagined. RxSugar® is made from a rare and delicious plant-based sugar with 0 sugar, 0 net carbs and 0 glycemic/blood sugar impact. RxSugar® is a great-tasting, fully functional and healthy upgrade to cane sugar, artificial sweeteners, sugar alcohols and stevia/monk fruit.
Allulose is a low-calorie sugar substitute that has been shown to have beneficial effects on the gut microbiome. Studies have shown that allulose can:
- Increase the abundance of beneficial bacteria: Allulose has been shown to increase the abundance of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium, which are two types of beneficial bacteria that are important for gut health.*
- Decrease the abundance of harmful bacteria: Allulose has been shown to decrease the abundance of Enterobacter and Escherichia coli, which are two types of harmful bacteria that can cause infections.*
- Improve intestinal barrier function: Allulose has been shown to improve the integrity of the intestinal barrier, which helps to prevent harmful bacteria and toxins from entering the bloodstream.*
Overall, the evidence suggests that allulose may be a beneficial prebiotic that can help to promote a healthy gut microbiome. However, more research is needed to confirm these effects and to determine the long-term health benefits of allulose consumption.
Here are some additional details about the effects of allulose on the gut microbiome:
- Allulose is not metabolized by humans: Unlike other sugars, allulose is not digested by the human body. This means that it passes through the gut undigested, where it can be fermented by bacteria.*
- Allulose is a selective prebiotic: Allulose selectively promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria, while having little to no effect on the growth of harmful bacteria. This is because allulose can only be fermented by certain types of bacteria, such as Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium.*
- Allulose may have synergistic effects with other prebiotics: Allulose may have synergistic effects with other prebiotics, such as inulin and fructans. This means that the combination of allulose and other prebiotics may have a greater effect on the gut microbiome than either prebiotic alone.*
Overall, allulose is a promising prebiotic that has the potential to promote a healthy gut microbiome. More research is needed to confirm these effects and to determine the long-term health benefits of allulose consumption.*