Hormones are chemical substances produced by the body. They act like messenger molecules which help control and regulate how cells and organs do their work. Hormones are made in one part of the body and travel to other locations to complete their tasks and keep the body’s natural balance in check. For example, insulin is a hormone made in the pancreas and helps regulate how the cells of the body use glucose for energy.
Hormones are vital to the well being of both women and men. Hormonal imbalances can take a toll on long term health and may affect:
When addressing hormonal issues here are questions to consider:
- What areas of your health are being affected by hormonal issues?
- Is your body making the hormones you need?
- Is your body properly using the hormones it has made?
- Is your body removing the by-products and waste products from your system properly?
These steps will help to evaluate and address hormonal imbalance issues:
- Comprehensive laboratory tests along with an in-depth health history
- Eating healthy organic fats and taking an essential fatty acid supplement such as Advanced EPA/DHA can help provide the building blocks you need to make healthy hormones
Healthy fact: Ask your doctor or integrative practitioner what laboratory tests you need to get to the bottom of your personal hormonal issues.