Digestion is the process by which food is mechanically and chemically broken down into small parts that the body can absorb and incorporate.
The main purpose of the digestive system
is to break down the food you eat and absorb nutrients from it. Digestion plays an important role in health. Symptoms of digestive issues
Ways to help aid proper digestion
- Gas, bloating, indigestion or acid reflux
- A full feeling after eating as if the food is just sitting in the stomach
- Frequent trips to the bathroom
- Pain and discomfort in the stomach or intestine
- Chew food thoroughly and slowly
- Drink only 4-6 ounces of liquid with meals; this allows the stomach to do its job and break down food properly
Discomfort above the belly button may mean that there is difficulty breaking down food. A supplemental aid for proper digestion such as Advanced Digestive Enzyme Formula
can support the digestive system
Taking digestive enzymes
with food helps to decrease the full feeling, bloating
and even acid reflux while increasing energy levels and comfort when eating.
Discomfort below the belly button may mean that there is difficulty absorbing nutrients from food. Advanced MultiProBiotics Restore
helps to rebuild intestinal flora
to better absorb food into energy.
Food allergies or sensitivities may also contribute to issues with digestion. Request an IgG food sensitivity/intolerance test
from an integrative practitioner. Removal of sensitive foods can lead to freedom from bloating, gassiness, and many other symptoms affecting the digestive system.