Over Fed – Under Nourished Syndrome & Modern Lifestyles:
- Our modern farming and food industry is full of empty-calorie, nutrient deficient food supply that leaves our body and immune system weak, compromised and contributes to many of the modern world chronic diseases from diabetes, cardio-vascular, obesity, inflammatory, auto-immune, neurological, and many more… Focus in on REAL food that is grown with nutrient rich soil and no chemicals. Imagine going back in time prior to the industrial revolution, modern commercial farming with seasonal, locally grown, fresh and ripe of the vine with bright vivid colors and bold tastes! Let that be your guide to nourishing food…
AVOID Immune DAMAGING Foods & Drinks:
- Sugar, High carbs foods – sugary foods weaken some immune cells ability to fight infections and cancer by as much as 75%. Trust me on this… If it is NOT grown straight from farm or garden then CUT IT OUT. Anything made from grain flours like breads, pasta, rice, noodles , dough all break into sugar quickly. Food labels are deceiving because they have been high-jacked by the agro special interest groups.
- Processed/Junk/Fast food – full of empty calories void of real nutrition, vitamins and trace minerals leads to more cravings, higher consumption which all leads to poor immunity, obesity and higher risks of cardiovascular, diabetic and inflammatory conditions.
- Sodas, alcohol, energy drinks, fruit juices, and too much coffee can be dehydrating and diuretic. It gives you a “charge” now at the expense of “frying” out your system which you feel when you “crash” from the high.
- Added chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, hormones, and antibiotics divert, damage and undermine the immune system and affects every organ and their functions.
- Avoid environmental and food sensitivities/allergies as they trigger inflammation, stresses and reduces immune function as well as trigger “fires” and send signals of inflammations that can interfere with healthy workings throughout the body.
IMMUNE BOOSTING Food & Drink:
Best when natural, nutrient-dense, organic and chemical-free
- Eat colorful plants with deep, bright, vivid colors like blues, reds, oranges, and yellows high in phytonutrients that lower inflammation and high in antioxidants and immune-supporting vitamins and nutrients:
- Berries and colorful vegetables
- Medicinal mushrooms – my go-to is Brazillian agaricus mushroom
- Herbs & spices – oregano, holy basil, rosemary, turmeric, garlic, ginger, cloves, elderberry, echinacea, etc.
- Lemons/Limes and other foods high in vitamin-C play a key role in helping immune cells engulf & destroy “bugs”
- Protein – quality, easily digestible sources both plant and animal-based
- Hydrate with purified clean water, immune herbal teas, green superfood juices, and broth. Best to drink on an empty stomach. Don’t forget hydrating fruits & vegetables too
- Rest/Sleep – Quality, refreshing sleep enhances immunity
- Stop stressing, be grateful and give thanks – emotional & physical stress weakens immunity, so Breath
- Get Outdoors – soak up some sun, fresh air, walk/move/dance – get the oxygen circulating, connect with nature and get grounded. Staying indoors robs us of Vitamin D which is critical for immunity and staying upbeat.
- Meditate, Pray, have non-judgemental conversations, synchronize your mind/body and Know You Got This Covered – Then Let it go …
Want to go above & beyond in fine-tuning your immune system and healthcare strategy?
Looking out for you, Be Safe, Be Well Friend:
Vimal R Patel,B.Sc.Pharm,B.Sc.Biology,RPh,CCN,CAd,DiHom