Depression is an illness that involves the mind, body, mood, and thoughts. Depression can affect the way a person eats and sleeps, the way an individual feels about himself or herself, or even the way an individual thinks about life.
According to the National Institute of Mental Health symptoms of depression may include:
- Fatigue and decreased energy
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering details and making decisions
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, and/or helplessness
- Insomnia or excessive sleeping
- Loss of interest in pleasurable activities including sex
- Overeating or loss of appetite
- Persistent aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems that continue despite treatment
- Persistent sad, anxious or empty feelings
- Thoughts of suicide or attempting suicide
Researchers have linked deficiencies of B vitamins to be linked to lack of energy, fatigue, irritability, and other symptoms of depression:
- B vitamins are very important for stress support; thinking, feelings, mood as well as healthy brain function. A specially formulated B vitamin supplement such as Advanced Active B can help support the body and mind
- The brain is over 60% fat; scientists have found a strong link between healthy fats, mental health and behavior. Omega 3 fatty acids can protect, repair, and boost brain health. Advanced EPA/DHA is a concentrated pharmaceutical grade of purified Omega 3 healthy fats
Healthy fact: Adding wild caught deep sea cold fish such as salmon, halibut, tuna, sardines or Chilean sea bass is a great way to eat foods that help keep the brain healthy and will help to avoid the symptoms of depression.